Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring Has Broken

I have been at my new job as the Marketing Coordinator for another Philadelphia publishing company for about 6 weeks now and something about it has been making me push myself mentally and also take really good care of myself.  I have been working in sales/marketing/publishing in Center City since I graduated from La Salle in 2007 and since then have learned that I somehow want to make a career out of reading books.  I also know that I need to live somewhere with a warm climate year round.  All winter long I am constantly consumed with negative thoughts about Philadelphia and worry incessantly about what is next.  But, today, on this first semi-warm day  I feel beyond content sitting on a park bench with a delicious latte made by the absolute love of my life and a cigarette (I'm down to less than 5 a day for the most part).  I feel accomplished in my new job and confident about my grad school search, everything is near perfect for now.  I feel comforted looking around Rittenhouse Square- a lawn where I have had many lunches, Lacroix to my right where I worked for a few months during somewhat of an existential breakdown, cute dogs galore, and even the bums.  My plan is to begin grad school on the West Coast in January but until then I will enjoy every day in a city that has been very forgiving of my hatred and once out of control lifestyle.  It is here that I have made myself, have unique and insanely loyal circles of friends, an amazing mother (even if she calls me 5x a day), and the man I want to spend the rest of my life with.  Not bad...kind of strange that Thanksgiving is in November?

No comments:

Post a Comment